Symposium & Hackathon Director – Matt Jones
Matt Jones is Professor of Computer Science, Swansea University and a Royal Society Wolfson Research Merit Award holder for work with base of pyramid users in resource constrained societies. Over the last ten years he has worked on several topics related to this symposium including interaction design for reducing energy use; social network services for community storytelling in challenging environments; and, interaction design for strengthening communities and economies in rural locations in both India and Wales. Matt sits on the EPSRC ICT Strategic Advisory Team and the Digital Economy Programme Advisory Board.
Matt can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Symposium & Hackathon Organiser – Liam Betsworth
Liam Betsworth is a Research Assistant at Swansea University exploring performative interactions in public spaces.
For all queries that are event related, contact Liam at email@example.com.
Symposium Speakers & Mentors
Three invited speakers will deliver keynotes during the event. As the teams develop their ideas, a group of mentors will also be available to critique and encourage.
Danaë Stanton Fraser
- Alan Dix, University of Birmingham
- Daniel Archambault, Swansea University
- George Buchanan, City Univeristy
- Adrian Cheok, City University
- Abigail Sellen, Microsoft Research
- Anirudha Joshi, IIT Mumbai
- Matt Jones, Swansea University
- Mounia Lalmas, Yahoo!
- Shaun Lawson, Lincoln University
- Catherine Mulligan, Imperial University
- Patrick Oliver, Newcastle University
- Janet Read, University of Central Lancashire
- Yvonne Rogers, UCL
- Max Wilson, Nottingham University